By systemwide policy, we’ve long had to give “due recognition” to faculty achievement that “promote[s] equal opportunity and diversity” (Academic Personnel Manual 210-1-d). But as of 2019, UCLA requires collecting information about such contributions to teaching, scholarship, and service that promote equity, diversity, and inclusion for both faculty searches and internal promotions.
Looking for more information on this requirement? How does one put together an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Statement for one’s academic file? We got you covered! This page will serve as a resource for all elements related to Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI), from policy documents to guidance and FAQs.
We will update this page as new content becomes available. If you know of a valuable resource that we’ve overlooked, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
➡ new & highlighted content:
- UCLA The CALL – Appendix 41: Contributions to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (September 9, 2019)
- Letter from Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Scott Waugh re: New EDI Statement Requirement for Regular Rank Faculty Searches (May 24, 2018)
- UC Academic Senate Recommendations for the Use of Contributions to EDI Statements for Academic Positions at the University of California (February 25, 2019)
- UC Academic Senate Announcement re: Academic Personnel Manual (APM) 210-1-d Revisions (August 2015)
- ➡ APM 210-1-d: Criteria for Appointment, Promotion, and Appraisal (July 1, 2015)
- UCOP EDI Statement Guidance