Please join us for a panel to prepare faculty for teaching challenges that may arise in relation to the upcoming election.
The aim of the panel is to provide faculty with guidance on equitably reducing student anxiety and stress and flexibly responding to students’ needs for accommodation. In addressing these issues, we hope to also diminish faculty’s concerns.
Friday, October 30, 2020 at 11:00 am
The event will take place via Zoom. The specific Zoom link and instructions will be provided closer to the event date to all registrants.
- Paul Barber, Professor, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Equity Advisor for the Division of Life Sciences
- Nicole Green, Executive Director, Counseling and and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Thu-Huong Nguyen-Vo, Associate Professor, Asian Languages and Cultures/Asian American Studies
- Lori Santikian, Associate Adjunct Professor, Finance and Strategy areas and the Director of the Fink Center for Finance and Investments at Anderson School of Management.
- Abel Valenzuela, Professor, Chicano Studies and Urban Planning and Director of UCLA’s Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (Panel Moderator)
- Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching (CAT)
- Center for Education Innovation and Learning in the Sciences (CEILS)
- Excellence in Pedagogy and Innovative Classrooms (EPIC)
- Social Science IDP
Please RSVP at https://teaching.ucla.edu/event/pre-election-faculty-panel/.