UCLA is committed to maintaining an equal learning and working environment for all.
Discrimination based on
- race, ethnicity, ancestry, color;
- sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation;
- national origin, citizenship status;
- disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic predisposition;
- domestic partnership / marital status;
- veteran status
When someone alleges discrimination by faculty, staff, or students, it is the University’s ethical and legal responsibility to conduct a thorough, independent, and objective investigation. The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion plays a crucial role in those investigations. We do so in conjunction with other offices, such as Staff Diversity & Compliance of Campus Human Resources, and the Dean of Students.
Depending on who allegedly engaged in the discrimination (e.g., faculty, staff, or students), different offices generally have primary responsibility in conducting investigation. Also, the type of discrimination alleged (e.g. sexual assault, or race discrimination) can influence the specific type of investigation and adjudication procedures that apply.
We don’t expect you to navigate this administrative maze. Instead, if you’ve experienced or witnessed acts of discrimination, simply contact us at WeListen@equity.ucla.edu or call at (310) 825-3935. We’ll do all the work and guide you to the right place.
For those curious about the details, these generally applicable points will guide you.
1. All gender-based discrimination, including sexual harassment, assault, and violence:
- Title IX Team of the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion | email@example.com
Jessica Price, Interim Sexual Harassment Prevention Officer and Title IX Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | (310) 206-3417
2. All disability claims:
If seeking interactive accommodation:
- Insurance & Risk Management / Employee Disability Management Services |
Adrienne Malka, Assistant Director
email@example.com | (310) 794-8012
If seeking investigation:
- ADA & 504 Compliance Office |
Assoc.Vice Chancellor Monroe Gorden ADA Compliance Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org | (310) 825-1514
3. All other discrimination claims:
If claim is against faculty:
- Discrimination Prevention team of the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion |
email@example.com | (310) 794-1232
- Investigation Fact Sheet
- In certain cases, the DP team investigates discrimination claims against entities and individuals who are not faculty. This could occur, for instance, when non-faculty conduct is reasonably likely to have a substantial negative impact on campus climate.
If claim is against staff:
- Staff Diversity & Compliance |
George Tejadilla, Assistant Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | (310) 794-0125
If claim is against student:
4. To report violent behavior or threats of harm affecting the workplace: