UCLA Advisory Council on Immigration Policy (ACIP)
➡ Please visit the new UCLA Advisory Council on Immigration Policy website.
President Trump has introduced numerous immigration policy changes that have triggered widespread anxiety and confusion for many members of the UCLA community. These changes include ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program, along with multiple Executive Orders centered on immigration enforcement, all of which may impact international students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In light of these developments, the UCLA Advisory Council on Immigration Policy (ACIP), in partnership with EDI, have created this centralized location with links to content that will hopefully answer many pressing questions.
We will update this page as new content becomes available. If you know of a valuable resource that we’ve overlooked, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of California has also created a systemwide page with additional resources on immigration policy.
➡ new & highlighted content:
- Event Announcement: UCLA Dashew Center: International Student Town Hall (Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 6 pm-6 pm PT)
- Statement from UCLA Chancellor Block: “Standing with Our International Students” (July 7, 2020)
- Statement from UC President Napolitano on ICE announcement (July 7, 2020)
- UC Defending DACA recipients
- Undocumented Graduate and Professional Student Handbook (October 2019)
- UC Statement on Supreme Court Review of DACA (June 28, 2019)
- “Know Your Rights” Fact Cards (March 5, 2019)
- How Can Universities Foster Educational Equity: Lessons from the University of California
- DACA Frequently Asked Questions
- Statement from Chancellor Block and Dr. Valenzuela: Implementation of AB 21, Access to Higher Education for Every Student (January 16, 2019)
- How to Respond to Immigration Officers on Campus
- Event Announcement: “Fighting for Immigrants”: Forum with DACA Litgators Featuring MALDEF’s Thomas Saenz (October 25, 2018)
- Proposed Changes to Public Charge: Quick Analysis (updated as of September 23, 2018)
- U.S. District Court in Texas Denies Texas Request to Stop DACA Renewals (August 31, 2018)
- Statement of UC President and Former DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano on Immigration (June 19, 2018)
- DACA FAQs – Post-Northern District of California Injunction (updated as of April 26, 2018)
- Due to a federal court order, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has resumed accepting applications to renew the DACA status. Please see the original statement from UCOP (from January 16, 2018) for more information.
- National Immigration Forum Fact Sheet: Temporary Protected Status
- Informed Immigrant Resource Library
- California Immigrant Policy Center: DACA Today: A Resource Guide (February 14, 2018)
- URGENT: Resources for DACA and TPS Community Members (January 19, 2018)
- From UC Office of the President: DACA Advocacy Resources
- UC FAQ on Immigration Enforcement Actions on University Property
- Statement from UC Regents Affirming Support for DACA and Dreamers (September 6, 2017)
- From UCLA Undocumented Student Program: Support for Undocumented Students in Response to the Rescission of DACA (September 6, 2017)
- Chancellor Block’s Response to the Ending of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program (September 5, 2017)
- CrossCheck Live: “Trumping Democracy?” (view the video recording)
The content on this page is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
Looking for Advice?
Questions regarding immigration policy changes and Executive Orders can be directed to the following UCLA entities:
- UCLA Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars via phone @ (310) 825-1681 or email @ email@example.com.
- UCLA Immigrant Legal Services Center
- UCLA Undocumented Student Program