UCLA Advisory Council on Immigration Policy (ACIP)
President Trump has introduced numerous immigration policy changes that have triggered widespread anxiety and confusion for many members of the UCLA community. These changes include ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program, along with multiple Executive Orders centered on immigration enforcement, all of which may impact international students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In light of these developments, the UCLA Advisory Council on Immigration Policy (ACIP), in partnership with EDI, have created this centralized location with links to content that will hopefully answer many pressing questions.
We will update this page as new content becomes available. If you know of a valuable resource that we’ve overlooked, please let us know at email@example.com.
The University of California has also created a systemwide page with additional resources on immigration policy.
➡ new & highlighted content:
- Proposed Changes to Public Charge: Quick Analysis (updated as of September 23, 2018)
- U.S. District Court in Texas Denies Texas Request to Stop DACA Renewals (August 31, 2018)
- DACA Injunction FAQs
- Statement of UC President and Former DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano on Immigration (June 19, 2018)
- DACA FAQs – Post-Northern District of California Injunction (updated as of April 26, 2018)
- Due to a federal court order, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has resumed accepting applications to renew the DACA status. Please see the original statement from UCOP (from January 16, 2018) for more information.
- National Immigration Forum Fact Sheet: Temporary Protected Status
- Informed Immigrant Resource Library
- California Immigrant Policy Center: DACA Today: A Resource Guide (February 14, 2018)
- URGENT: Resources for DACA and TPS Community Members (January 19, 2018)
- From UC Office of the President: DACA Advocacy Resources
- UC FAQ on Immigration Enforcement Actions on University Property
- Statement from UC Regents Affirming Support for DACA and Dreamers (September 6, 2017)
- From UCLA Undocumented Student Program: Support for Undocumented Students in Response to the Rescission of DACA (September 6, 2017)
- Chancellor Block’s Response to the Ending of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program (September 5, 2017)
- Quick Reference Guide for UCLA Faculty and Staff in Case of Federal Immigration Enforcement Actions from UCLA Advisory Council on Immigration Policy (July 10, 2017)
- CrossCheck Live: “Trumping Democracy?” (view the video recording)
The content on this page is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
Looking for Advice?
Questions regarding immigration policy changes and Executive Orders can be directed to the following UCLA entities:
- UCLA Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars via phone @ (310) 825-1681 or email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UCLA Immigrant Legal Services Center
- UCLA Undocumented Student Program