BruinX‘s Mock Class Initiative: “BruiNext: Pathways and Possibilities”’s aim is to provide UCLA Juniors with the opportunity to get a real sense of the graduate/professional school experience by participating in one of the classes we list below. Participants will receive a short reading assignment that will serve as a basis for the class. All classes will be followed by a reception in which representatives from various graduate programs will be on hand to answer questions about the graduate school application process and share other relevant sources. We hope to see you there!
If you have any questions, please call/email Rusty Klibaner at (310) 825-2895 or email@example.com.
Thursday, January 17, 2019
- Classroom Lecture: 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Reception: 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Note: this is one of two (2) offered sessions of the Mock Class Initiative, with the second session taking place on January 24th. This session is open to ALL undergraduates (including transfer students), while the January 24th session is open to ONLY transfer students.
UCLA School of Law (you will receive a specific room assignment closer to the date of the event)
Available Courses for January 17th:
- Instructor: Margaret Shih (UCLA Anderson Board of Advisors Term Chair in Management; Organizations and Senior Associate Dean of FEMBA and Full Time MBA programs, UCLA Anderson School of Management)
- There will NO reading assignment for this class. You will NOT have do any advance preparation, and please simply arrive on time for the lecture on Thursday.
- Instructor: Devon Carbado (Associate Vice Chancellor of BruinX, UCLA Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; The Honorable Harry Pregerson Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law)
- Omai B. Garner (Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor; Associate Director of Clinical Microbiology, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine)
- Tara Vijayan (Assistant Clinical Professor, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases)
You may only sign up for one class. Space is limited.
Please RSVP via this form, indicating the date and precise class you wish to take.