Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Faculty Career Development Award (FCDA) Recipients.
Below, please FAQs related to the FCDA:
When is the Faculty Career Development Award Period?
- The award period runs from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
What can the FCDA funds be used for?
- Funds should be used to support research activities, including (but not limited to) student researcher salaries, travel expenses related to conferences/research, publishing costs, etc.
- Funds should not be used towards faculty salary, such as summer ninths or stipends. There are no benefit costs associated with the award funds.
- Funds should not be used in place of any other dean or departmental commitments.
How do I obtain the FCDA funds?
- Please have your fund managers contact Randi Kusumi with the appropriate FAU (full accounting unit) which funds should be transferred to.
- FCDA funding can only be transferred into a research account.
- The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion has 19900 funds available for this commitment.
- Funds will be transferred in August, as soon as the allocations are received by the EDI Office.
The award period has concluded, what information do I need to report?
- Year-end summaries of your research activities are due by July 30, 2018 to email@example.com.
- A detailed description of how funds were used must be included in your year-end summary.
Are there any time limits or restrictions on this award?
- FCDA funds are to be used during the award period.
- Any remaining funds which have not been used by the end of the award period (June 30, 2018), must be returned to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
If there are any further questions regarding the award funds, please contact Randi Kusumi.