Congratulations to the 2018-2019 Faculty Career Development Award (FCDA) Recipients.
Below, please find several FAQs related to the FCDA:
When is the Faculty Career Development Award Period?
- The award period runs from July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
What can the FCDA funds be used for?
- Funds should be used to support research activities as outlined in your original application, including (but not limited to) student researcher salaries, travel expenses related to conferences/research, publishing costs, etc.
- Funds should not be used towards faculty salary, such as summer ninths, course release/buyout, stipends, or other expenses that violate University policy or Law such as medical expenses or dependent care expenses.
- There are no benefit costs associated with the award funds.
- Funds should not be used in place of any other dean or departmental commitments.
How do I obtain the FCDA funds?
- Please have your fund managers contact Randi Kusumi with the appropriate FAU (full accounting unit) which funds should be transferred to.
- FCDA funding can only be transferred into a research account.
- The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion has 19900 funds available for this commitment.
- Funds will be transferred in August, as soon as the allocations are received by the EDI Office.
Can I make changes to my budget outline after the award is granted?
- FCDA funds must be used in the manner designated in your application.
The award period has concluded, what information do I need to report?
- Year-end summaries of your research activities are due by July 30, 2020 to email@example.com.
- A detailed description of how funds were used must be included in your year-end summary.
Are there any time limits or restrictions on this award?
- FCDA funds must be used during the award period (June 30, 2020).
- Any remaining funds which have not been used by the end of the award period, will be returned to the EDI Faculty Career Development Award funding pool.
I did not use all of my funds during the fiscal year, can I request an extension?
- No, recipients must use funding by the end of the award period (June 30, 2020).
If there are any further questions regarding the award funds, please contact Randi Kusumi.