Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Faculty Career Development Award (FCDA) Recipients.
Below, please find several FAQs related to the FCDA:
When is the Faculty Career Development Award Period?
- The award period runs from July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018.
What can the FCDA funds be used for?
- Funds should be used to support research activities, including (but not limited to) student researcher salaries, travel expenses related to conferences/research, publishing costs, etc.
- Funds should not be used towards faculty salary, such as summer ninths, course release or stipends. There are no benefit costs associated with the award funds.
- Funds should not be used in place of any other dean or departmental commitments.
How do I obtain the FCDA funds?
- Please have your fund managers contact Randi Kusumi with the appropriate FAU (full accounting unit) which funds should be transferred to.
- FCDA funding can only be transferred into a research account.
- The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion has 19900 funds available for this commitment.
- Funds will be transferred in August, as soon as the allocations are received by the EDI Office.
The award period has concluded, what information do I need to report?
- Year-end summaries of your research activities are due by July 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A detailed description of how funds were used must be included in your year-end summary.
Are there any time limits or restrictions on this award?
- FCDA funds must be used during the award period.
- Any remaining funds which have not been used by the end of the award period (June 30, 2018), must be returned to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
I did not use all of my funds during the fiscal year, can I request an extension?
- The FCDA Extension Request form for FY17-18 funds has closed as of June 30, 2018. Please return any unused funds, which have not been approved for carryforward, to the EDI Office.
- Please note, FCDA fund extension requests will no longer be considered for the program in FY 18-19.
If there are any further questions regarding the award funds, please contact Randi Kusumi.