Congratulations to the 2020-2021 Faculty Career Development Award (FCDA) Recipients.
Below, please find several FAQs related to the FCDA:
Who is eligible to apply for FCDA?
- Regular rank Assistant Professors, Assistant Professors-in-Residence and Acting Professors (in the Law School) are eligible to apply for this award.
When is the Faculty Career Development Award Period?
- The award period runs from July 1 – June 30 of the respective award fiscal year.
What can the FCDA funds be used for?
- Funds should be used to support research activities as outlined in your original application, including (but not limited to) student researcher salaries, travel expenses related to conferences/research, publishing costs, etc.
- Funds should not be used towards faculty salary, such as summer ninths, course release/buyout, stipends, associated faculty salary benefits costs or other expenses that violate University policy or laws such as medical expenses or dependent care expenses.
- Additional is not provided for any benefit costs incurred related to student researcher salaries.
- Funds should not be used in place of any other dean or departmental commitments.
How do I obtain the FCDA funds?
- Please have your fund managers complete the FCDA Fund Form.
- FCDA funding can only be transferred into a research account (44xxxx or 40xxxx).
- The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion has 19900 funds available for this commitment.
- The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion will contact General Accounting to establish a link between your account/cc and our 19900 funds; funds can be expended beginning July 1.
- Funds will be transferred as soon as the allocations are received by the EDI Office, which is typically in August.
Can I make changes to my budget outline after the award is granted?
- FCDA funds must be used in the manner designated in your application.
The award period has concluded, what information do I need to report?
- Year-end summaries of your research activities are due by July 30, the month following the end of your award period, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A detailed description of how funds were used must be included in your year-end summary.
Are there any time limits or restrictions on this award?
- FCDA funds must be used during the award period (July 1 – June 30).
- Any remaining funds which have not been used by the end of the award period, will be returned to the EDI Faculty Career Development Award funding pool.
I did not use all of my funds during the fiscal year, can I request an extension?
- No, recipients must use funding by the end of the award period (June 30).
If there are any further questions regarding the award funds, please contact Randi Kusumi.