All search committee members must receive a Faculty Search Briefing.
For questions regarding Faculty Search Briefings, please contact us at (310) 825-2895.
The Faculty Search Briefing
The Briefing covers the search process; relevant regulations and laws that govern the searching and interviewing process; recent research findings related to recruiting, interviewing and evaluating candidates; and best practices that promote equity. All faculty members are invited to attend.
Faculty Search Committee Resources
Our Faculty Search Committee Resources page contains videos, handouts, and other materials related to the Briefing and faculty hiring. For information regarding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion’s role during the search process, see the Faculty Search Process Policy Memorandum.
List of faculty who have been trained
All members of a faculty search committee must have completed a Briefing within the past four years. Want to know who’s been trained? Here’s a list (pdf).
Upcoming Faculty Search Briefings
Briefings take place from 12pm-1:30pm in the UCLA Faculty Center. Lunch will be served.
- September 6, 2017 (RSVP Deadline: Aug. 23, 2017)
- October 3, 2017 (RSVP Deadline: Sept. 19, 2017)
- November 2, 2017 (RSVP Deadline: Oct. 19, 2017)
- December 6, 2017 (RSVP Deadline: Nov. 22, 2017)
➡ Faculty Search Briefing Checklist
- Watch Implicit Bias Video Series.
- Certify that you watched the Implicit Bias Video Series.
- RSVP for Faculty Search Briefing (at least two weeks in advance).
- Attend Faculty Search Briefing.