All search committee members must receive a Faculty Search Briefing.
➡ Updated Faculty Search Committee Resources.
For questions regarding Faculty Search Briefings, please contact us at (310) 825-2895.
The Faculty Search Briefing
The Briefing covers the search process; relevant regulations and laws that govern the searching and interviewing process; recent research findings related to recruiting, interviewing and evaluating candidates; and best practices that promote equity. All faculty members are invited to attend.
Faculty Search Committee Resources
Our Faculty Search Committee Resources page contains videos, handouts, and other materials related to the Briefing and faculty hiring. For information regarding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion’s role during the search process, see the Faculty Search Process Policy Memorandum.
List of faculty who have been trained
All members of a faculty search committee must have completed a Briefing within the past four years. Want to know who’s been trained? Here’s a list (pdf).
Upcoming Faculty Search Briefings
Briefings take place from 12:00pm-1:30pm.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 health concerns, and to ensure our attendees’ safety and convenience, the Faculty Search Briefings for the 2021-2022 academic year will be conducted via Zoom until further notice. We will share the Zoom details with registrants closer to the date of each Briefing.
- Monday, August 23, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: August 9, 2021)
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: August 17, 2021)
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: August 31, 2021)
- Thursday, September 30, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: September 16, 2021)
- Thursday, October 14, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: September 30, 2021)
- Monday, October 25, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: October 11, 2021)
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: November 2, 2021)
- Thursday, December 9, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: November 25, 2021)