All search committee members must receive a Faculty Search Briefing.
➡ Updated Search Committee Resources.
For questions regarding Faculty Search Briefings, please contact us at (310) 825-2895.
The Faculty Search Briefing
The Briefing covers the search process; relevant regulations and laws that govern the searching and interviewing process; recent research findings related to recruiting, interviewing and evaluating candidates; and best practices that promote equity. All faculty members are invited to attend.
Faculty Search Committee Resources
Our Faculty Search Committee Resources page contains videos, handouts, and other materials related to the Briefing and faculty hiring. For information regarding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion’s role during the search process, see the Faculty Search Process Policy Memorandum.
List of faculty who have been trained
All members of a faculty search committee must have completed a Briefing within the past four years. Want to know who’s been trained? Here’s a list (pdf).
Upcoming Faculty Search Briefings
Briefings take place from 12:00pm-1:30pm.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 health concerns, and to ensure our attendees’ safety and convenience, the Faculty Search Briefings for the 2020-2021 academic year will be conducted via Zoom until further notice. We will share the Zoom details with registrants closer to the date of each Briefing.
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: January 25, 2021)
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: February 9, 2021)
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: March 17, 2021)
- Wednesday, April 28, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: April 14, 2021)
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: May 11, 2021)
- Thursday, June 10, 2021 (RSVP Deadline: May 27, 2020)