➡ View the video recording of this event here.
A special CrossCheck Live event titled Processing the Election will be held tomorrow evening, Thursday, November 10, from 5:00p.m. to 6:30p.m. in Royce Hall. This event will offer us, as a community, a chance to gather, discuss, and digest yesterday’s Presidential election. Many of us were shocked by last night’s results. For some, this shock was accompanied by earnest excitement about our new President-elect. For others, the results have generated deep anxiety and distress – an understandable response given the rhetoric targeting certain communities throughout the campaign.
As Bruins, as members of a great university, it is our obligation to model how a community comes together in a moment like this to listen, to assess, to move forward. Together. Tomorrow’s CrossCheck Live, which attempts to bring together a range of perspectives and voices from across our campus, has been crafted in that spirit. Vice Chancellor Kang will personally moderate what will be a highly interactive and honest discussion, with opportunities for audience engagement.
List of Speakers:
- Asli Bâli, Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law
- Raja Bhattar, Director, Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Campus Resource Center, UCLA
- Maria Blandizzi, Dean of Students, UCLA
- Devon Carbado, Associate Vice Chancellor, BruinX and Professor of Law, UCLA
- Lorrie Frasure-Yokley, Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, UCLA
- Nicole Green, Executive Director, Counseling and Psychological Services, UCLA
- Tyrone Howard, Associate Dean for Equity & Inclusion, Professor, Graduate School of Education & Information Studies, UCLA
- Hiroshi Motomura, Susan Westerberg Prager Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law
- Abel Valenzuela Jr., Professor, César E. Chávez Department of Chicana/o Studies, UCLA
- Lynn Vavreck, Professor, Department of Political Science, UCLA
- Eugene Volokh, Gary T. Schwartz Distinguished Professor of Law, UCLA School of Law