EDI’s research work falls into the following categories:
Research & Policy
Research, test, and re-engineer various practices and policies to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion; rationalize, rebuild, and rewrite internal procedures and manuals; conduct R&D and translate academic knowledge into pragmatic “best practices.” Examples include:
- developing equitable and inclusive hiring practices;
- redesigning complaint investigation procedures;
- helping redraft university policies and principles;
- re-engineering student evaluation forms;
- interventions to lift stereotype-threat and counter implicit bias;
- exploring and refining measures of campus climate.
The EDI Data Hub page provides a home for all research and data related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Current and trend information about the gender and racial/ethnic composition of students, faculty, and staff may be viewed via the BruinX Dashboards.
- Learn more about the BruinXperience app, our real-time student climate assessment mobile app launched in academic year 2018-19. Look for us to post preliminary findings soon!
Distribute (scarce) resources to encourage recruitment and retention of faculty who further the Office’s mission; make human capital investments in such faculty; contribute resources to students, staff, and faculty for campus programming and initiatives that further the Office’s mission. Examples include:
- EDI Funding Requests
- Request for Proposal (RFP)-based calls to distribute programming and research funding;
- modest ad-hoc financial support for programming;
- faculty Career Development Awards;
- faculty scholarships for self-development programs.