Through the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and its independent offices (Discrimination Prevention and Title IX), the University has authority to examine and investigate various forms of conduct that violate non-discrimination policy or undermine equal learning and working environments. This work is often done in the form of Formal Investigations and Climate Assessments.
To promote transparency, we’d like to share some of that work when lawful and prudent to do so. Even when matters are resolved by settlement, we’d like to post a statement describing the terms of that resolution whenever we can. The amount of detail we can share in any given case is a function of legal constraints, privacy considerations, and complex negotiations. But EDI is committed to bargaining hard in favor of greater transparency. By sharing this information, our goal is to increase accountability, promote a sense of closure, deter future bad behavior, and educate the UCLA community about important policies, procedures, and community norms.
➡ Recent Statements (scroll down for full archive):
➡ To learn more about these statements, how they’re produced, and what they can disclose, we strongly encourage you to review this FAQ.
Title IX Investigation of professor in Division of Humanities (2018)
- Agreed-Upon Statement | posted 2018 03 21
Title IX Investigation of Prof. G. Piterberg (2018)
- Agreed-Upon Statement | posted 2018 03 12
DPO Investigation of professor in Graduate School of Education & Information Sciences (GSEIS) (2017)
- Agreed-Upon Statement | posted 2017 08 18
Investigation Reports and Public Accountability Summaries
Investigation Concerning Alleged Title IX Procedures Misuse (2018)
- Statement re: graduate student’s allegations of Title IX procedures misuse | posted 2018 05 10
Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity Minutes Investigation (2016)
- Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity Minutes Investigation Report | posted 2016 11 09
- Apology Letter from Pi Kappa Phi to the UCLA Community | posted 2017 01 27
- Pi Kappa Phi’s Actions in Response to Investigation | posted 2018 02 26